This is only a test
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Estimated Cost: 1 hour
Make your own customized photo canvas
- Printer paper
- White tissue paper
- Glue stick
- Wax paper
- Heat tool
- Ribbon (optional)
- Decorative rocks or marbles (optional)
- Decorative dish or candle holder (optional)
- Oven mitt (optional)
- Use a photo editing software or a word processing software to add text and/or decorative elements to your photos. I used the free version of www.picmonkey.com to add text, hearts, and a frame around my photo. Measure your candle so you know what size photo to use.
- Cut a piece of tissue paper that is about an inch larger all the way around your printer paper. Fold over the extra tissue paper and glue it to the back of your printer paper. Make sure the edges are all glued down well and that the corners are tucked in and glued down well (if there is a glossy side to your tissue paper, make sure that is the side touching your printer paper).
- Feed the sheet normally into your printer, making sure you are printing your photo on the tissue paper side.
- Cut out your image and/or text.
- Place your tissue paper on your candle, making sure it is pretty tight against the candle.
- Wrap a piece of wax paper around your candle and make sure it is a little bit longer so you can hold onto it with one hand.
- If you have an oven mitt, I would suggest using one on the hand that will be holding the candle.
- Using your heat tool, start melting the tissue paper onto the candle. Do not linger on any area too long. You will see the photo start to look like part of the candle. Continue moving the heat tool around the candle until the whole photo has melted onto the candle.
- Slowly remove the wax paper from the candle.
- Place the candle standing up on the wax paper. Use your heat tool to smooth out the photo on the candle.
- Add other decorative elements to the candle, such as ribbons or beads.
- Put the candle in a glass dish or candle holder.
- Add marbles around it to give it the finishing touch!